Meeting with an attorney and gathering information is an important first step when filing for a divorce. Attending a divorce consultation can be a nerve-wracking, but necessary, experience. Knowing what to expect can help ease you into the process, and make the experience more comfortable.
What to Expect When You Contact Us
At Brian D. Perskin & Associates P.C., we make it our goal to provide outstanding service to all of our clients. This begins as soon as you call us.
A member of our experienced staff will take your basic information, as well as ask you a few questions about what kind of case you have. (Is your divorce contested or uncontested? Do you need to file for child custody, as well?). You can schedule your free consultation at this time. It’s as simple as that!
Points to Discuss in Your Divorce Consultation
During your free initial consultation with Brian D. Perskin & Associates P.C., you will have the opportunity to discuss:
- Grounds for divorce;
- Distribution of marital assets (home, cars, financial and retirement accounts);
- Child custody and visitation;
- Child support and alimony;
- Relocation after divorce;
- The general divorce process and timeline;
- The cost of hiring our firm to represent you.
What Documents Should You Bring?
Prior to your consultation, we will email you an initial intake form, which you can fill out and submit online. In addition to completing the intake form, we request that you bring:
- Any documents you have been served with (Summons, Petition, or Temporary Order of Protection);
- Police reports (if applicable);
- Your marriage certificate;
- A copy of your prenuptial or postnuptial agreement;
- A list of items you would like to discuss during your divorce consultation.
If you do not have access to these documents, don’t worry. We do not require that you have them during your consultation, but we will need them before we are able to begin working on your case. It is a good idea to start compiling them as soon as possible.
Get Started Today!
The attorneys at the law firm of Brian D. Perskin & Associates P.C. have over 50 years of combined experience, and have represented thousands of New Yorkers during tough divorce and family law cases.
Our firm offers free, no-obligation divorce and family law consultations to New York City residents. Scheduling your divorce consultation is easy. You can schedule your appointment online, or call us at 718-875-7584. Let our experience and knowledge work for you- contact us to schedule your divorce consultation today!